Fall 2023 Hours
The Writing Center, located in H&SS 112, is available for in-person, online, and walk-in appointments.
We are open:
- Sunday: 9:00 am-2:00 pm (online only)
- Monday: 9:00 am-7:00 pm
- Tuesday: 9:00 am-7:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am-9:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am-7:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am-2:00 pm
You can make an appointment and access your session by clicking here.
The mission of the Writing Center is to provide an open teaching and learning environment for the collaborative discussion of writing so that students may become more aware and independent writers.
In support of its mission, the Writing Center has the following goals:
1) To support the composition sequence by providing professional, individual feedback to students enrolled in composition courses;
2) To support writing across the curriculum by providing professional, individual feedback to students enrolled in USC Aiken courses;
3) To support the university by
a) Offering writing workshops
b) Serving as a repository of material and equipment relevant to writing
c) Housing the Writing Proficiency Portfolio (WPP) and providing professional, individual feedback to students developing their portfolios
Writing consultants come from various disciplines and are formally trained to provide feedback during all phases of the writing process. The Writing Center is staffed by students and English faculty.