Students walking through Penland Courtyard

Transfer Students Info

Financial Aid

Welcome to the USC Aiken Pacer Family! We are pleased that you have made USC Aiken your home for continuing your academic career.

Fall Semester Transfers

Students who are transferring to the University of South Carolina Aiken will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the appropriate year in order to be awarded federal direct loans, need-based grants, and considered for institutional awards that have a need-based component. Please include USC Aiken school code: 003449.

Complete the FAFSA

Mid-Year Transfers

If a student is transferring mid-year, and received funding from a different institution in fall, the student must log into their FAFSA account and include the USC Aiken school code (003449) on the application for the appropriate academic year. Contacting the previous institution, notifying them of your intentions of withdrawing, and removing the old school code from the FAFSA application are also recommended.


Each year, the Department of Education selects students for a process called verification. Students selected for verification will be notified via email instructing them to check their Self Service Aiken account for additional information needed to complete the awarding process.

Note: The USC Aiken email account is the official method of communicating with students.

Packaging of awards will not occur until all requirements are satisfied.

View Verification Forms

Awarding Timeline

Fall Semester

Mid April

Spring Semester

Mid November

Receiving Awards

Once financial aid is packaged, students must log into Self Service Aiken and accept the offered awards. There may be additional requirements in order for the aid to be disbursed to the student’s account. These requirements may include completing Entrance Counseling and signing a Master Promissory Note.

State Scholarships

Palmetto Fellows

Students receiving the Palmetto Fellows Scholarship and transferring into USC Aiken must submit an In-State Transfer Form with CHE (SC Commission on Higher Education) with the new school’s information. 

Hope and Life Scholarships

Notifying the previous institution and canceling financial aid allows a student to continue to receive state scholarships.

Students will need to complete the Terms and Conditions located in Self Service Aiken for state scholarships to be successfully applied to students’ accounts.