Summer Scholars Institute High School Program
The USC Aiken Summer Scholars Institute was created to enrich the academic experience of students interested in science and engineering disciplines. The high school program provides Aiken Scholar Academy students the ability to explore their interests at a more in-depth level than can be attained in the classroom. All Aiken Scholars students are eligible to apply, but it is designed for rising juniors and seniors who have completed sufficient preparatory coursework.
- Gain professional research experience
- Be mentored by USCA faculty and students
- Work part time for 8 weeks during the summer break ($1,500 total salary)
- Participate in weekly Sumer Scholars Institute workshops
- Present their project as a poster at the Summer Scholar Symposium
Applications are due March 25, 2022 using the form below. Selection is based on the student's educational experience and research interests. Brief online interviews of finalists will be used to help match students to appropriate projects. Awards will be announced in May.
Generously supported by:
- USC Aiken College of Sciences and Engineering
- SC INBRE
- WORC - Workforce Opportunities in Regional Careers