The USC Aiken Center for Research Excellence sponsors the Connections Award to promote the formation of research and creative interactions between our students and faculty. The Connections program will provide funding, up to $1000, for mentored undergraduate scholarly/creative activities.
All USC Aiken undergraduates who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and are interested in pursuing either research or creative activities with a USC Aiken faculty member are encouraged to apply, regardless of major. Specific details about this program can be found on the Call for Proposals.
The Center for Research Excellence is pleased to announce the 2023 call for Connections proposals. We invite all interested students and their mentors to participate.
The Connections Application Guidelines are provided to aid students and their mentors in developing a Connections proposal.
- Call for proposals: Friday, January 13, 2023
- Proposal due date: Friday, February 15, 2023 by 5:00 PM
- Award announcements: Friday, March 3, 2023
- Connections award start date: Monday, March 6, 2023
Apply for the Connections Program
Connections Student Travel Award
In addition to the Connections Student Travel application, three forms are also required and must be submitted on the online application
- A brief personal statement, written by the student, describing the nature of the intended presentation and how participation will further the student’s academic career.
- An Invitation/acceptance letter for the presentation. If notification of acceptance has not been received before the application deadline, please attach proof of submission.
- A completed signature form
- Call for proposals: Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Application due date: Friday, March 3, 2023