Wellness Center & Natatorium Policies
Water Aerobics and Synchronized Swimming Classes
Water Aerobics occur on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday from 9:15 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Synchronized swimming will occur on Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Classes are limited to 10 participants. Reservations are required on IMLeagues.
Reserving Space in the Natatorium
- Reservations will need to be made to use the Natatorium.
- Each reservation will begin at the top of the hour and be allowed for 45 minutes.
- During the last 15 minutes of each hour, lifeguards will clean the spaces in the Natatorium to prepare for incoming swimmers.
- Reservations will be made using the IMLeagues app or the IMLeagues website or call the Natatorium during operating hours at 803-641-3431.
- Members can make a reservation up to five days in advance.
- Members can access this app themselves to make a reservation.
- Members can make a reservation when in the Natatorium.
- Swimmers without reservations may use the Natatorium as space and time permit upon arrival.
- For Water Aerobics and Synchronized Swimming, select Classes under Facility Reservations.
The mission of Campus Recreation and Wellness is to connect, educate, and inspire the campus community to lead a balanced healthy lifestyle through exceptional facilities, programs, and services. This area comprises the Wellness Center, Natatorium, Intramurals, and Club Sports.
The Wellness Center seeks to provide safe, well-equipped facilities and trained, caring staff to the campus and Aiken Community. Located in the lower level of the Business and Education Building, the Center is open seven days a week, housing a cardiovascular and strength training area, an aerobics room, an exercise testing laboratory, an educational room, and locker room facilities.
The Natatorium is adjoining the Student Activities Center. The pool is open Monday through Saturday for lifeguard-supervised activities, including lap swimming, water aerobics, recreational activities, and pool party rentals. A competitive swim league also trains at the Natatorium. Locker room facilities are available.
Intramurals consist of competitive and noncompetitive activities that students can engage in to stay physically active. The program is designed to offer a variety of challenging and enjoyable activities to every member of the student body. Activities include vigorous team sports such as flag football, soccer, volleyball and basketball; competitive individual events such as table tennis and pool tournaments; and non-competitive recreational activities.
Club Sports are considered a student organization and bring in the atmosphere of competition against other campuses across the region. USC Aiken has eight club sports organizations, including three styles of the equestrian, shotgun, swim club, and ping pong club. Clubs can be created by any student at USC Aiken with interest in a specific competitive event.