A payment plan is available if you are unable to pay the account balance in full.
- You must have a balance of $500 or more and be in good financial standing with the university to set up a payment plan.
- A down payment of 25% of the account balance must be paid to enroll in the plan.
- A payment plan fee of $75 is due with initial payment.
- 3 additional payments of 25% each must be paid according to the schedule below.
If you enroll in a payment plan and decide to take another class, the payment plan should recalculate after you are enrolled in the additional class. You can verify the balance on SSC/Account Information/Payment Gateway.
Late payments will incur a $100 late fee.
Schedule for Payment Plan Due Dates
Summer payment plans available April 15, 2022.
Date Payment Plan is Set Up
Amount Needed to Set Up Payment Plan
|Remaining Installment Dates|
April 15 to May 9
25% of the tuition and fee balance plus $75.00 fee
|May 10, June 10, July 11|
May 10 to June 9
50% of the tuition and fee balance plus $75.00 fee
|June 10, July 11|
June 10 to July 10
|75% of the tuition and fee balance plus $75.00 fee||July 11|
Apply initial payment in office or online through SSC (my.usca.edu).
How Do I Set Up A Payment Plan?
To set up a payment plan in person, visit the Business Services Office in Penland 114.
To set up payment plan online, go to SSC > Account Information > Payment Gateway.
Setting Up a Payment Plan on SSC:
- Log into my.sc.edu.
- Click on the Account Information link.
- Click the Payment Gateway link.
- Click on the Payment Plans link at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Enroll Now tab.
- Choose the appropriate term to set up the payment plan.
- Payment Plan information will show up on the screen. Please read this information, then clickContinue to move to the next section.
- Click Display Payment Schedule to show the monthly payments. Changes can be made to the down payment on this screen. If you make changes, click on the Recalculate Payment Schedule button. If everything looks fine, click the Continue button.
- Click on Select Payment Method. Choose from a saved account, a new electronic check or a credit or debit card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express or Discover). There is a 2.5% percent convenience fee for the use of a credit or debit card. There is no charge for an electronic check. Then click the Select button.
- The Plan Enrollment Agreement will appear. Please review this information carefully, then click the I Agree check box.
- To finalize the agreement, click the Continue button.
- The online receipt will appear and can be printed out.