Who We Are
Jamel Hodges, Middle-Level Education ’11
Vice-Chair for Strategic Partnerships
Kandace Cave, History, ‘10
Vice-Chair of Alumni & Student Engagement
Vice-Chair for Giving and Fundraising
Jamacia (Jimerson) McCray, Psychology '16
Vice-Chair for Marketing and Communications
Daniele Ligons, Business Marketing ‘12
What We Do
- Assist in the development of activities that will improve the quality of Black life at UofSC Aiken
- Foster opportunities for Black Alumni to maintain strong connections with UofSC Aiken and each other
- Provide financial resources for minority students to continue their education
- Assist with the recruitment of Black faculty, administrators, and staff
- Promote the association as a supportive resource for UofSC Aiken’s Black students
- Assist in the recruitment, graduation, and career placement of Black students
- Provide opportunities for leadership development and the personal and professional growth of Black Alumni
- Guide students as they navigate and overcome obstacles throughout their academic career at UofSC Aiken and beyond
- Seek out and encourage alliances with UofSC Aiken alumni across the country
Join the Family
To become part of the USC Aiken Black Alumni Council, join the USC Aiken Alumni Association. To do this, visit https://giving.usca.edu/aiken-direct-your-gift, and select “Black Alumni Council Fund ( a32546 )” to ensure the funds go to the Black Alumni Council. Once this is done, please complete the SmartSheet form on the BAC Facebook page.
Suggestions for Giving are as follows:
- USC Aiken Alumni Association and BAC Official Memberships: $25
- USC Aiken Alumni Association and BAC Official Memberships with USC Aiken BAC t-shirt: $40
- For current Alumni Association/BAC members, shirts are $15.
- Networking and event opportunities
- Chance to give back to your community
- Access to PacerPerks, a program that provides members discounts across the country from restaurants, retailers, travel and more!
Get Involved with Our Committees
*To participate, you must first join the UofSC Aiken Alumni Association.
Giving and Fundraising Committee
The Giving and Fundraising Committee is responsible for fundraising to support scholarships and events under the stewardship of the BAC. This committee is charged with managing giving campaigns and distributing funds to supported causes of the BAC. You may be asked to attend monthly or bi-monthly meetings.
Alumni and Student Engagement Committee
The Alumni and Engagement Committee is responsible for providing alumni and current students opportunities to network and become part of the BAC. You may be asked to attend monthly or bi-monthly meetings and participate in weekend or after work events.
Marketing and Communication Committee
The Marketing and Communication Committee is responsible for all BAC marketing and communications to the membership and general public. BAC Marketing and Communication is the first and official source for information regarding events, fundraising initiatives, alumni awareness, etc. You may be asked to meet regularly, design marketing materials, and brainstorm ideas to promote BAC.
Strategic Partnerships Committee
The Strategic Partnership Committee focuses on the interactions between BAC and all external entities, including sponsors, political figures, and other community members. Members of the Strategic Partnerships Committee are responsible for using their experience and professional connections to help grow and develop the BAC’s existing and future partner relationships. Members may be asked to meet regularly and attend community events.
Follow Us on Social Media
To learn more about what we do, follow the BAC on social media!